Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wasn't my day

Everybody had fun at the tournament. 29 players showed up. I of course busted out first just before the first break. The starting tables played 6-handed.

First major comfortation ended badly for me when an opponent (with K9s) who probably thought I was on a total bluff called both my bets on the flop (7 3 2 rainbow) and on the turn (J and brought my opponent a flush-draw) putting him almost all-in. On river he paired his nines to beat my flopped top pair (I had A7). I made a rebuy after that.

I lost most of my rebuy chips trying to bluff out a two pair. The funny thing was that I after I got reraised on the river I analyzed based on the betting of the hand (speaking alound) and came up to the conclusion that my opponent had possibly spiked a King on the turn (however in fact that had made him top two pair :). Then I reraised all in (raised 4000 to a pot of ~5000) trying to fold a flopped top pair or maybe even the king, but alas my opponent pondered a while and called. I had my opponent covered and was left with 500 chips or so.

Almost immediately I pushed with King-rag in mid position and doubled up to 1000. Then I found myself with 88 in the big blinds (blinds were 100/200) and the button raised to 750. Of course I pushed all in. My opponent had K9 and spiked that nine on the river.

So no heads-up yesterday.

No comments: